Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Premiere!


The premiere fell on a rainy Sunday evening, however everything went beautifully. We almost filled the 150-seat theatre to capacity with friends and family of the cast and crew. It meant so much to me to have both old and new friends show up.

I cannot describe how surreal it is to watch your own movie on the big screen. And people genuinely seemed to enjoy it! I heard laughter at the right spots, and even laughter at some spots I never imagined were funny. Like when Shore told Jorge, "We have to find her. I don't think she's playing with a full deck." I guess they realized this was like the pot calling the kettle black.

The Chaplin Theatre at Raleigh Studios was beautiful, and they were great to work with.

At the end of the screening, Craig got up and thanked everyone involved (he's good at that), and then I answered questions from the audience. I was a little nervous at first, but then I got into it. I think the best question was when Wendy's friend Zane (with Aspergers Syndrome) asked, "You filmed at a lot of different locations. How hard was it to get all those permits?" This got a big laugh from the audience too, which was enough of an answer in itself. I told Zane, "I don't want to bore everyone with the details. Next time you come over to the house, I'll tell you all about it."

Some other questions were about the meaning of the title, and how I got the idea for the story.

It was nice to answer questions about something other than math problems.

We received so many compliments afterward. I don't know how to say this without bragging, so I'll just say it. It was a hit. Maybe, just maybe, this movie will be the little engine that could.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Wasn't the premiere, like, a month ago? ;-)

If you're too busy to write new entries, I suggest you post questions and comments from fans. Updating the blog frequently is a good way to publicize your work.